To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wilary Winn works on engagements that are at the forefront of issues in the financial services industry, including mergers and acquisitions, valuation of loan servicing, cecl credit loss estimates, asset liability management and additional services related to these primary lines of business.
Founded in 2003, our firm has established relationships with more than 500 financial institution clients across the United States. Our clients include 60 publicly traded banks and 40 of the nation’s top 100 credit unions. Our primary competitors are based in New York, and this position provides an opportunity to deal with some of the financial industry’s most complex issues from our offices in St. Paul.
Our financial analysts work with state-of-the-art technology including Bloomberg, Intex, Black Book, S&P Global Market Intelligence, ZM Financial Systems, Inc., and our proprietary cash flow engines.
We believe responsible, responsive financial institutions are key to healthy communities. If you would like to use your skills to strengthen community financial institutions so they can help ensure the well-being of the areas they serve, then join us.
The Financial Analyst will work with our Senior Analysts, Managers, and Directors to:
- Perform Asset Liability Management, including quarterly measurement and reporting, capital stress testing, and concentration risk analysis
- Determine the fair value of assets, liabilities, equity, and goodwill in financial institution mergers and acquisitions
- Estimate expected lifetime credit losses for loans and investments in full accordance with the current expected credit loss (“CECL”) model
- Estimate the fair value of illiquid financial instruments including mortgage servicing rights
- Research and analyze historical data
- Draft and present reports to our clients
The Financial Analyst will work with best of breed technology, including Bloomberg, Intex, SNL Financial, ZM Financial Systems, Inc., and our proprietary cash flow engines.
Experience: December 2018 graduate
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or another related field. An MBA, statistical or ALM background, and/or previous internship experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, research, and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, and negotiate competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
Position offers competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, health savings account, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
No phone calls, please.